"The more you know, the less you carry" - Mors Kochanski.

April 16, 2009

Bushcraft Shelter Practice

"No matter how good you think you are at something, you can always practice more..."

One of my grandfather's favorite sayings....

So I decided to do a little more playing around with a couple shelter types, and since it was nice out, get something the kids could play in. Tipis have always been my favorite type of long term shelter, but they take practice to get them right. This time I tried with tarps to see if I could get it to work.


Not great, but I learned a few tricks...

Looks aside.... it would still keep the rain off!


This shelter took me 2 minutes to set up and 10 minutes to get the dog out of it so I could take the picture. Henry wants to go camping!


Thanks, Decado.


1 comment:

  1. Ohhh I like that bottom shelter. Much better than the squirrel ramp I use.

    ReplyDelete